Tuesday 21 August 2012

Potty Paper Pots

{it's in the news}

Instructions to Make Item - http://www.niftythriftythings.com/2011/02/its-in-news.html

I think this newspaper pot looks brilliant and its eco-friendly. I’m going to give the project a 4 star rating because I love the way it looks, it recycles old newspapers and its really fun to do on a sunny afternoon. However, I’m going to lower the overall rating to a 2 star rating because the items that I made didn’t turn out how it looks above. I found the instruction on the website a bit confusing and not very clear on what to do which is why I attempted the project twice. The first time round I still had the string attached, as it doesn’t say when to take it out. The second time round I didn’t use string and used lots of paperclips, which made the project very tricky, I also did it with extra-long bits of newspaper, attaching two bits with sticky tape and it resulted in it looking like a vase. Below are some pictures of what I made.

This isn’t a great Picture of my first attempt (top right corner) but it’s all I have at the moment.
This is my second attempt

No comments:

Post a Comment